Thursday, 4 September 2014

HA7 - Task 3 Presentation of Research Results

Quantitative Research Analysis


from my first questions results you can see that 70% of the people who did the survey were male and 30% were female this shows me that more males are interested in my survey than females are this also shows me that males are more interested than the opposite gender are. If I had the chance I would have had more people do the survey but I would also have and asked a bigger range of people as well to get the best possible results.   


From this questions results you can see that 72.73% of the people who did this survey were between the ages of 16-18 this has shown me that allot more younger people play GTA V rather than people who are about the age of 25 this also has shown me that if I was to do this survey different I would have to ask more people to do my survey to get even better and more accurate results to get a better percentage of people in the results.


This next question focuses on peoples Race the reason being is certain people who are different Races may have a different opinion on the game this survey is about and it has also shown me that the majority of the people who did the survey were Caucasian this was 60% of people the rest was either Hispanic, Asian or black. If I was to do this survey again I would ask a wider range of people to try and get a wider variety of people and to try and see who liked the game more than others.


This next question shows you the amount of people who actually play games the reason for this is to see who plays games because there would be no reason for them to do it if they don't play games because more than likely they wouldn't no much about GTA if they didn't play games. from my results you can see that the majority of people who did my survey play games everyday this was almost 73% of people the rest either never played games of often. If i was to do this survey again I would get even more people to do this survey to get a more accurate response. 


In this next questions results you can see that allot of people who did the survey have played GTA V this was nearly 82% of people and the rest of them haven't but the point of this was to see who has played it to get their thoughts on the game.If I was to do this survey again I would ask a wider range of people because it might balance out my results and give a more accurate number of people.


This next question shows you that 73% of the people who did this survey have bought GTA V this shows me that this game is popular and allot of people seem to like it even though 27% of the people of this survey didn't buy it they still liked the game so this has shown me that it is a popular game. If I was to do this survey again I would properly ask more people but other then that my results for this question turned out fine and more importantly accurate.


Here you can see the results of people who have played GTA titles before you can also see that GTA has always been popular due to the fact that the majority of the people who have done this survey have played GTA titles before so it must be a popular game. If i was to do this survey again I would properly ask more females than males to do this survey to see what results I could get from them,


In this next questions results you can see how people rate GTA V the overall results were mixed opinionated and didn't make sense the reason for this I was unsure due to the fact that the rest of survey people seemed to like GTA V but here it shows you that a few people give it a low rating out of ten but some people still give it a high rating. if I was to do this again I would try and get better results for this question.


In this questions results you can see that allot of people play GTA over 7 hours a day this shows me that people either really like the game or that they are just addicted to playing it you can also see that few people only play it 1-3 hours a day this is the same percentage of people who play it more than 7 hours a day. if i was to do this survey question again I would properly ask a wider audience to fill out  it for me.  


In this last questions results you can see the regions people live in the reason for this question was to see which areas of the country and the world people played the game more than others this also shown me that allot of people preferred this game in certain areas rather than people in other areas. If i was to do this question again I would ask more people in different areas to fill out my survey to get different results.


Qualitative Research Analysis 


Example 1

Example 2


In my qualitative research results you can see that it went much better then my quantitative research due to the fact that the questions I asked were more direct and five people the chance to say what they thought about the game in just 4 questions this helped me to gain a good understand if peoples thought on GTA and it helped me to see what people actually liked about it you can see some peoples opinions above in 2 of my examples in which I have taken from my results. In the first example you can see that this person has said what they liked in a more direct approach by telling me in detail what they liked and what they would do to improve on the game you can see the same thing in the second example but in this one the person has said that they would change something different to the first examples response. From doing these survey I have seen that it is better to carry out a  qualitative survey to get a more detailed result but if you are just looking for one word results your best bet is to use a quantitative survey to get more results but less information about peoples actually thoughts and opinions. Over all through out my research I would say it is better to carry out a qualitative style survey to get the best possible answers even tough it takes a little longer I would say it is a better way of collecting more detailed answers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment